Recent Posts

Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Study In Paint Chips

If you're anything like me, a waltz into your local Home Depot or Lowe's leads you straight to the paint aisle.  Will is making me breakfast bar table to go under my studio window--just enough for a couple to dine or a budding blogger to have her morning tea or joe.  I immediately began rumination on a color scheme and here is proof I take color very seriously.

Summer Rye and Deep Mink




Ironwood and Weather Vane


Valspar has a fascinating collection of historic colors such as 
Mark Twain Gray Brick which I paired with Porcini.


Cool Jazz with Napoleon (a lovely deep prussian) and Gray Flannel


Can anyone resist names like London Coach and Vintage Gray?


I adore Blackstrap, appropriately named after the molasses.  It was 
also the name I gave to a former tea company. Paired with Velveteen Crush.




Brick and Black Raisin


Arctic Cotton, Gray Goose, Slate Pebble







If you can't tell, I have a penchant for grays. I've tried to add captions only to those chips which are slightly unreadable so message me for any clarification.  All of these colors are from the Valspar collection.  I would love to hear your favorites.

0 comments:

Post a Comment